Wilma Wednesday: This is My Bone, by W.

This is my bone. It is mine. I have chewed it, and it is mine.

What is it, that it is, this bone of mine? Well, my bone, that I have, that is to say, which is mine…is mine. Yes.

My bone, that belongs to me, is knobby at one end, thinner in the middle, and then knobby again at the far end.

That is my bone, it is mine, it belongs to me and I own it, and what it is, too. And it’s mine.

**********

With thanks (and apologies) to Monty Python’s Flying Circus.

**********

Join me here Sundays for Writing Wrongs, where grammar, spelling, and punctuation get a humor fix.

#Monty Python's Flying Circus#Wilma#Wilma Wednesday#WilmaDialogs

Comments

1. William Kendall - January 31, 2018 @ 09:01

Not a good idea to take it away!

You can’t go wrong with the Pythons.

• Petrea - January 31, 2018 @ 09:16

I watched this old sketch last night. I remember laughing and laughing, but now that I look at it I’m not sure why!

2. TheChieftess - January 31, 2018 @ 09:39

…because it’s very funny, Petrea!!!

• Petrea - January 31, 2018 @ 10:07

Tell me what parts you laughed at. I love the, “This is my theory, and it is mine,” but the coughing got tiresome. Maybe that was the point. Graham Chapman didn’t seem to like it, either!

3. Lowell - January 31, 2018 @ 10:26

Thou shalt never attempt to steal a dog’s bone for great destruction may descend upon thy person and thy shelter. Husband, too.

I like some Python stuff, but on occasion they’re so far over the top as to be no longer funny. I think it helps if you’re a young person with British parents.

• Petrea - January 31, 2018 @ 10:34

I think it also helps if you were in college in the 1970’s…

4. Gretchen Genz Davidson - January 31, 2018 @ 11:02

And she is displaying it so prettily!

• Petrea - January 31, 2018 @ 12:34

Hi Gretchen! Yes, she is ever so delicate and dainty.

5. Anne Louise Bannon - February 15, 2018 @ 21:35

The utter simplicity of it all. Think we could ever be so happy with so little? she asked looking around at the piles all over her house.

• Petrea - February 16, 2018 @ 08:54

I have a fantasy that she’s relieved and grateful that we adopted her from the shelter, and that along with feeling safe and loved, her toys and treats are a boon. She’s been with us for 3 1/2 years now, and I don’t know if she has any memory of the past. But her reactions, some of them, are based on that old reality.

Thanks for your comment. You remind me to remember I’m fortunate. What more could I possibly want?