Wilma Wednesday: Rain

Wilma Pouting

“Come on, Wilma.”

“No.”

“You can wear your raincoat.”

“No.”

“Don’t you want to go outside?”

“No.”

“Wilma, you have to poo sometime.”

“No.”

“What if the rain doesn’t stop until tomorrow?”

“…Oh…”

Rainy days are tough for dogs who are also sunbunnies. But I’m glad we can keep her warm and dry when it’s wet and cold outside. I wish we could shelter them all.

#rain#weather#Wilma#Wilma Wednesday#WilmaDialogs

Comments

1. Foundpoem1 - January 10, 2018 @ 08:08

I know. Those brave loyals on the street corners offering solace to their humans.

• Petrea - January 10, 2018 @ 08:17

She finally let us take her out. She’s a good girl.

2. William Kendall - January 10, 2018 @ 12:55

She’s happier inside having a nap on such a day.

• Petrea - January 10, 2018 @ 14:35

I think she is, though she gets bored when she can’t go out. But she has a choice, thank goodness.

3. Lowell - January 10, 2018 @ 13:09

It’s not much fun to go poo in the rain. Poor Wilma. I remember we had a little dog who hated to poo in the rain; she’d run out into the grass, do her thing as fast as possible and make a beeline for the door!

I feel much like you do…I cannot go to a shelter or humane society because it is actually quite possible that I’d come home with a suitcase full of animals!

• Petrea - January 10, 2018 @ 14:36

John keeps me sane. If he were not here, the back yard would be full of dogs.

4. Chris - January 10, 2018 @ 14:58

She looks so sad or can she pose on cue? 😉. My dog (when I was a kid) could hold his pee for 12 hrs. And when he did go out that leg was held up for quite awhile.

• Petrea - January 10, 2018 @ 16:40

She’s not posing. Usually I can’t even get her to look at the camera. She doesn’t like it one bit.

5. Shelley - January 10, 2018 @ 18:19

If only we could shelter them all … that’s for sure. I hope good poo weather arrives again soon, dear Wilma. Xo

• Petrea - January 10, 2018 @ 19:43

“Poo weather.” What a perfect phrase for a pooper-dog.

6. Barbara and Watson - January 10, 2018 @ 21:46

Watson hates the rain too. I wish I had his strength of bladder!
    What is funny – if it’s raining he takes me for a walk, goes about 10 ft. to the corner, does as we said as kids: “number one and number two” and runs home again. (You’ll probably want to edit that sentence! ;-)) If it’s NOT raining, he continues to “hold it” for blocks so I won’t take him inside too soon. What a guy!

• Petrea - January 11, 2018 @ 08:59

They have us figured out, don’t they? Smart guy.