Wilma Wednesday: Wilma has (T)issues

Wilma tissue bathroom floor

Whether it’s five hours or five minutes, Wilma doesn’t like to be left alone. That’s not unusual for a dog, especially a rescue, but some have more abandonment issues than others.

Wilma’s safety is our number one concern, so when we leave, she stays inside. When she’s alone, she does some…uh…”acting out.”

“I was worry,” she says.

Wilma tissue

She doesn’t damage the furniture, although sometimes the armchair is warm from her body heat when we get home.

“Where were you?”

She doesn’t overturn the garbage.

“I looked for you.”

She doesn’t howl.

“You were lost. I couldn’t find you.”

Wilma tissues blanket

She collects used tissues. Sometimes we arrive home to find a trail of them leading from the bathroom trash, along with dental floss and the occasional band-aid.

Wilma doesn’t shred the tissues, or chew them.

“I have them,” she says.

“Why do you have them, Wilma?”

“They have your stink.”

“Isn’t that kind of icky?” I ask.

Wilma tissue

“Yes,” she says.

And for Wilma, “icky” is a very good thing.

#tissues#Wilma#Wilma Wednesday#WilmaDialogs

Comments

1. Barbara and Watson - October 11, 2017 @ 12:24

Nothing like good “ick”, is there Wilma! 😉

• Petrea - October 11, 2017 @ 13:36

You know it!

2. Lowell - October 11, 2017 @ 12:32

“Stinky” is a matter of perspective. One person’s stink may not impress a dog at all. I’m sure that it’s only your particular “stink” that she needs to have close by or if not that, in hand. She fortunate to have someone who really cares about her and I think she knows that even if she has a hard time allowing you to leave her for a time now and then.

Our kitties are the same way. They don’t chew up anything but boy, do they pout when we come home.

• Petrea - October 11, 2017 @ 13:37

Yeah, they like having your stink around!

3. Chris - October 11, 2017 @ 13:38

What if she stays in one room? We’d put up the dog gate and keep ours in the kitchen. Think of the cooties she has from the Kleenex? Immune system must be real high

• Petrea - October 11, 2017 @ 13:44

She lived in a shelter for a year, I think she’s immune to everything.

4. Anonymous - October 11, 2017 @ 14:08

Tissues are a smart way to remember and make yourself feel good and they’re not really expensive

• Petrea - October 11, 2017 @ 16:06

Hahaha! That’s true! I’ve always known Wilma is smart!

5. William Kendall - October 11, 2017 @ 14:42

From her point of view, that’s perfectly fine.

• Petrea - October 11, 2017 @ 16:06

It is, and I agree with her.

6. Lizzie Harding Wilkins - October 11, 2017 @ 19:31

A very small rather fragile, security blanket…….
    It’s OK. Wilma……keep your self occupied,

• Petrea - October 12, 2017 @ 08:24

It is more teacup dog-sized, isn’t it? I say, whatever works.

7. TheChieftess - October 11, 2017 @ 22:59

Kelly totally agrees with Wilma. Although she only partakes of that practice when we’ve been gone a lot!

• Petrea - October 12, 2017 @ 08:25

I’m sure she has someone to take care of her when you travel, but it’s nice to have a little extra something to remind her of you!

8. Bonnie Schroeder - October 12, 2017 @ 13:50

Better tissues than shoes! All of my dogs have obsessed with my shoes, but why did Thunder go for the brand-new expensive ones that couldn’t have had much scent on them yet? She refuses to explain. Wilma is such a good girl!

• Petrea - October 12, 2017 @ 14:50

I prefer the tissues, too. When Boz had been with us about a month, we came home to find him on the sofa, happily chewing away at one of my shoes, with more shoes strewn about him on the floor. I don’t know how he managed it, but he had ruined one shoe from each pair of shoes I had.

9. Shelley - October 12, 2017 @ 22:52

Heh heh … indeed, better tissues than other body-scented items that might be lying around. It puts a different spin on comfort food, that’s for sure. Dear Wilma. x0

• Petrea - October 13, 2017 @ 08:29

Eeuw! When we walk and Wilma stops to smell something, I used to ask her, “Does that smell good?” Now I ask, “Does that smell interesting?” because ‘good’ may not be a measure of scent for her.