Wilma Wednesday: When I Feel Helpless

When the world’s heart is broken and I feel there’s nothing I can do…

“Why are you sad, Lady?”

…Wilma is there to lick my face and cuddle.

Wilma doesn’t know about the world’s problems but she knows when I feel them, and she’s there for me.

“You should chew something.”

She pushes her bone across the floor to me. I was hoping for a dental chew, but I appreciate the sentiment.

#Wilma#Wilma Wednesday#WilmaDialogs

Comments

1. TheChieftess - October 4, 2017 @ 09:50

She’s a sweetheart…and knows her mama.

• Petrea - October 4, 2017 @ 10:14

She sure is a good friend.

2. foundpoem1 - October 4, 2017 @ 10:11

If only dogs ran things. There’d be a lot more bone sharing.

Was it an oxtail at least?

• Petrea - October 4, 2017 @ 10:14

No, it was an old beef bone. But she meant well.

3. Lowel - October 4, 2017 @ 10:55

Certain studies have shown that with the Trump visitation on our land, feelings of sadness, insecurity, melancholy, and hopelessness have increased exponentially. I can relate to all of those. What’s worse is that when tragedy strikes, whether in the form of hurricanes or crazed fools with an arsenal of guns, our president and his cronies react in exactly the opposite way that normal, sensitive, feeling human beings would and should react, which simply increases all those negative feelings mentioned above.

Do we really need more guns? And the 2nd Amendment does NOT guarantee the right of everyone to carry any kind of gun anywhere he or she wishes!

Whether its guns, or health care or taxes, or regulations established to protect the safety of our environment or food or drugs, the politicians in control act in ways that are detrimental to the great majority of Americans.

At least Wilma didn’t throw you paper towels!

• Petrea - October 4, 2017 @ 12:01

My dog Wilma is far more intelligent and certainly more compassionate than our “president.”

4. Chris - October 4, 2017 @ 13:23

It’s amazing how animals can pick up on our stress,emotion even physical pain. I had really bad stomach pains where I literally groaned my brains out. They say cats are unemotional. Not this one. She came and laid near me and kept watch.
    Yesterday we all were and are still upset over the senselessness. I was surprised a few of the injured and one deceased lived near me.

• Petrea - October 4, 2017 @ 14:25

A lot of victims from southern California.

Kitties totally get it.

5. William Kendall - October 4, 2017 @ 13:50

She certainly is very good company.

• Petrea - October 4, 2017 @ 14:25

She is, William. A good friend to have.

6. Chris - October 4, 2017 @ 15:11

I too saw the paper towel throwing. He was tossing them lol me he was throwing treats to animals. Disrespectful.

• Petrea - October 4, 2017 @ 15:42

I couldn’t watch. Nor can I watch what I know will be his fiasco in Las Vegas today.

• Lowell Anderson - October 4, 2017 @ 15:51

He is one of the worst examples of a human being that we have seen in recent years. So far as I can tell he has no redeeming features. Did you see Ivanka was almost arrested for fraud a few years back…in my opinion she should have gone to prison. I wonder what her rabbi is thinking now?

• Petrea - October 4, 2017 @ 20:14

I did see that headline but didn’t read the article. There are so many people who call themselves religious but don’t act that way. I have no time for them or their rabbis and priests.

7. Shelley - October 6, 2017 @ 18:05

Bless you, Wilma. Sharing your bone is a sweet and selfless thing to do … and very comforting. I hold onto the thought that this too shall pass ~ I have to as I cannot contemplate the alternatives. Big hugs and wishing you a beautiful weekend with your loved ones, dear Petrea. x0

• Petrea - October 6, 2017 @ 19:54

Thanks, Shell. America is hurting and I don’t know what we’ll do. But big hugs from across the world are a mighty comfort.