Wilma Wednesday: Bone Voyage

Wilma, sunning her belly

This weekend I’ll be a special guest at Kitacon in Coventry, England. I’m honored and excited! If you look at the website you’ll be as amazed as I am at how much they offer. I don’t know what they’ll throw at me and I’m excited to find out. Can’t wait to meet all the nice people I’ve been dealing with on and Skype.

“What is Petrea doing at an anime con?” you may ask. Go to my voice page, scroll down to the anime videos, and say hi to Ryoko.

If I know Wilma, she’ll love having a house-sitter and a professional dog walker while we’re gone, because it means making new friends. We stocked up on treats and dog food, bought her a new toy, and told her to be a good girl.

She said, “Okay, see ya, have fun, bye.” She doesn’t seem too heartbroken about it.

Next week, we’ll be staying in South Cadbury, England, the location of the iron age hillfort known as Cadbury Castle, where I set my novel, Camelot & VineI’ve spent years there in my mind—researching, writing, imagining—but I’ve never physically been there. I expect to feel lots of feelings and take lots of pictures.

The week after that, London! It seems like a long trip, though it can never be long enough to see everything I want to see. Yet I already miss Wilma. I’ll be checking in whenever possible to respond to comments, so please say something!

#Cadbury Castle#Camelot & Vine#England#Kitacon#South Cadbury#Wilma#Wilma Wednesday#WilmaDialogs

Comments

1. chris - August 16, 2017 @ 03:52

I bet u and John will have fun… Hope Wilma doesn’t have too many parties while you are gone and the house is still standing when u two get back!. Take lots of pics and bring back a bone for W… 🙂

• Petrea - August 16, 2017 @ 19:12

I wonder if the TSA will let me bring bones on a flight…?

2. Katie - August 16, 2017 @ 12:38

Have a fabulous time in England! I’m sure it will be hard to be away from Wilma, but I’m sure she’ll behave and do fine while you’re away. Can’t wait to hear more about your trip when you get back!

• Petrea - August 16, 2017 @ 19:13

I already checked in by text. House-sitter says Wilma spent most of the day sunbathing.

3. Lizzie Harding Wilkins - August 16, 2017 @ 21:11

There will always be a friendly ‘Hello Wilma’ on the corner of Belv/ Hudson!
    I know the place you are talking about, it’s a small, and wonderful world.

• Petrea - August 19, 2017 @ 00:48

I’m glad on both counts–that Wilma will have a hello, and that we’ll be visiting a small and wonderful world.

4. TheChieftess - August 17, 2017 @ 00:30

The hardest thing about our travel is leaving our fur babies. When a suitcase comes out, Kelly mopes and looks at us with her big doe eyes…major guilt tripping look! Sadie and Cleo climb onto toe suitcase and try to lose themselves in our stuffso we’ll take them with us! Fortunately my cousin and his wife like to come and stay at our house so they can visit their daughter and grandson in Studio City and not be in their hair 25/7! (Cousin lives in Sac)

• Petrea - August 19, 2017 @ 00:49

Wilma didn’t seem to know what was up, but she knew it was different and she didn’t like it.

5. Anonymous - August 17, 2017 @ 05:37

Wilma will be fine with her petsitter, I’m sure it’ll be an exciting holiday for her too. And you’ll be so thrilled to finally walk around Cadbury hill fort. Perhaps you’ll even see a vine-covered wall!

• Petrea - August 19, 2017 @ 00:51

I hope I’m not building it up too much in my mind! I’ve seen many photos, so I think not. Can’t wait to see the real thing.

6. Ann Erdman - August 17, 2017 @ 11:42

She will be so happy to see you when you get home!

• Petrea - August 19, 2017 @ 00:52

I’ll be happy to see her, too! I’m tempted to try Skyping with her, but it’s probably not a good idea.

7. William Kendall - August 17, 2017 @ 14:38

She looks way too relaxed. Have fun on the trip!

• Petrea - August 19, 2017 @ 00:52

Thank you, we will!

8. Shelley - September 8, 2017 @ 00:14

How wonderful that you went to the setting for Camelot and Vine … it must have felt amazing walking around and feeling like you were ‘in your book’. 🙂 x0

• Petrea - September 8, 2017 @ 09:05

It did, and I’ll write more about it. It was like a homecoming in a way, though I’d never been there before.