What to do This Weekend?

Hahamongna, bench, mountains, mist

The People’s Climate March is Saturday. So is Independent Bookstore Day. I’m torn. What are you up to this weekend?

Comments

1. Christian - April 27, 2017 @ 09:31

I have projects to finish. College life forevs.

• Petrea - April 27, 2017 @ 12:07

Hi Christian! I remember the feeling. In fact, I still have projects to finish, long after college!

2. Lowell - April 27, 2017 @ 13:27

I’m going to try to make all the way to Monday!

• Petrea - April 27, 2017 @ 17:32

Way to go!

3. William Kendall - April 27, 2017 @ 14:46

Busy moving. I’ll be glad when it’s done.

• Petrea - April 27, 2017 @ 17:32

I don’t envy you.

4. magiceye - April 27, 2017 @ 18:16

Meeting up old friends 🙂

• Petrea - April 27, 2017 @ 19:14

That sounds so nice. A lovely thing to do.

5. Anonymous - April 28, 2017 @ 13:41

Here in southern Germany they’re getting ready for May Day on Monday, when everyone has the day off to party under the village maypoles. Much beer will be drunk and many bratwursts eaten. But before that, the maypole has to be erected. It arrives by truck tomorrow morning, causing major street closures, and I’ll go watch the local lads in lederhosen pulling it upright – a tough job, apparently. It’s also a tradition to steal the maypoles of other villages the night before, so I hope ours is under 24 hour guard.

Is the photo of Hahamongna recent? Lovely to see it so lush there.

6. Barbara Ellis - April 28, 2017 @ 13:46

I’ll be going to see the village maypole arriving and being pulled upright by a team of lederhosen-clad young men. There’ll be beer, bratwurst and merriment tomorrow, and more on May Day itself, which is a public holiday here.

Is that a recent photo of Hahamongna? I’ve never seen high grass around the bench as they usually mow it too early.

• Petrea - April 28, 2017 @ 13:54

I’m approving both of your comments because I love the story of stealing the maypole!

The photo is from March of 2013, believe it or not.

7. Anonymous - April 28, 2017 @ 15:39

Oops, I thought I’d lost the first one as it didn’t show up, so I rewrote it. In a village nearby, the pole has been guarded by a rota of volunteers for the last 3 weeks, and the lads of another nearby village managed to steal the pole intended for the marketplace in the tourist center of Munich.

• Petrea - April 28, 2017 @ 16:08

This reminds me of the Caltech/MIT battle over that cannon.

8. Lauren Kennedy - May 3, 2017 @ 09:56

Well, I’m checking in after last weekend. Wonder what you decided to do? Our weekends are much the same and usually include a walk in Coombe Country Park here in Coventry.

• Petrea - May 3, 2017 @ 12:08

I had a migraine and didn’t do a darned thing!
      I’ve been reading a book about walks in England and am just starting on the Cotswolds chapter.