Wilma Wednesday: Social Petworking

“Ngah, ngha, nom, slah slah slah ngah…”

“Wilma?”

“Ngah, ngha, arlgh…”

“Wilma?”

“Arlgh, ngha, nnnnnghaaah…”

“Wilma.”

She continues to ignore me. A new bone from the butcher is a factor. The factor. Until her ears go up. “WHAT?

(I don’t know what she’s responding to, but it’s not me.)

Wilma gets up and trots to the driveway gate. Whatever it is must be dealt with.

I listen. Libby barks from behind her fence across the street. Wilma barks, too. At least one other dog joins in, maybe two. In a minute, the barking quiets and Wilma comes back to the porch.

“What was all that about?” I ask.

“Charlie walked by.” She relaxes and gets back to her bone.

Of course. The four o’clock Charlie. I’d forgotten.

“Wilma?”

Oh, never mind. I’ve forgotten what I wanted to ask her.

#Wilma#Wilma Wednesday#WilmaDialogs

Comments

1. chris - March 15, 2017 @ 04:14

Your interpretation may not be so far from the truth…lol… When I was a kid our dog would respond to another dog’s bark.. Always wondered what was ‘said’…
    The way she is laying looks uncomfortable, which probably is comfortable for her.. Is that her version of downward dog? 🙂

• Petrea - March 15, 2017 @ 09:13

I call it her “spatchcock.” It’s one of her favorite positions! She also does downward dog.

2. Lowell - March 15, 2017 @ 12:13

You and your dog do have some interesting conversations. One of these days, I’m going to ask her what she thinks about them.

• Petrea - March 15, 2017 @ 13:15

She’s almost sophisticated enough to have her own social media accounts. Then you’ll be able to ask her directly without using an interpreter.

3. William Kendall - March 15, 2017 @ 13:37

She definitely looks relaxed.

• Petrea - March 15, 2017 @ 14:08

It’s like her back half is resting and her front half is on its way to the moon.

4. Chris - March 15, 2017 @ 13:47

Start an Instagram. Nacho Flay and the retriever from NY Loubie has gone viral.

• Petrea - March 15, 2017 @ 14:05

Maybe so. I’ve got my own (petreabs) and I’m not sure I want to operate two (until Wilma learns to use her iPhone, that is).

5. TheChieftess - March 15, 2017 @ 18:53

Good for Wilma for not neglecting her guard dog duties!!! Kelly needs to sharpen her guard dog radar…yesterday while we were at the beach in Ventura (in the fog) she barked her head off at the vicious log that was barricading the parking spots for campers…
    (and no…log is not dog misspelled!)

• Petrea - March 15, 2017 @ 23:06

Brave Kelly for protecting you from that vicious log! Good girl! Wilma has been known to threaten grocery bags and pine cones in her valiant efforts to do her job.