Wilma Wednesday: Family Valentine

Sandel family at Hahamongna

We had a happy Valentine’s day and I hope you did, too. We’re proud of Wilma for being able to walk at Hahamongna Watershed Park peacefully now, even with other dogs there, though not without major excitement.

The park still reminds me of Boz. It’s a beloved space for our family, and I’m glad we can share it with Wilma now, too.

(While we were there I was interviewed by a KTLA 5 News reporter who was there reporting on the Big Dig. In case you were wondering, I think the Big Dig is a bad idea.)

#Big Dig#Hahamongna#holidays#John Sandel#KTLA 5#Valentine's Day#Wilma#Wilma Wednesday

Comments

1. chris - February 15, 2017 @ 04:42

I bet the park brings back sweet memories… as far as what they want to do, whenever the name Antonovich comes up I flinch… He was ( ruled) out in our valley… Not a fan… Then, again, I am not crazy about any natural place being ruined/renovated that will upset the ecosystem.
    BTW, does W. see something in the foreground? just like a kid, her eyes are elsewhere..:-)

• Petrea - February 15, 2017 @ 09:08

Wilma’s always on the lookout!

As for Antonovich, I agree. I’m glad he’s no longer on the Board of Supervisors and especially glad he didn’t win the CA senate seat. He was really a scourge on the environment and we can’t afford that anymore.

2. Lauren Kennedy - February 15, 2017 @ 08:55

You do look a happy family. Lovely!

• Petrea - February 15, 2017 @ 09:09

Thanks, Lauren. We’re blessed.

3. William Kendall - February 15, 2017 @ 08:56

Wilma really is such a sweetie!

• Petrea - February 15, 2017 @ 09:10

She says the same of you! Maybe someday she can become a meme.

4. Gina - February 15, 2017 @ 10:43

Beautiful photo.

• Petrea - February 15, 2017 @ 11:17

Thank you, Gina.

5. Katie - February 15, 2017 @ 16:01

So happy to hear that you can now go to Hahamongna Park with Wilma! I know that was a really special place for you and John and Boz. Such a great photo of you all!

• Petrea - February 15, 2017 @ 19:54

We used to let Boz run free there, and I don’t know if we’ll ever get to that with Wilma. But she is thrilled by the sights, smells and sounds of the place. Unfortunately the county will likely be going forward with a plan to dig out the basin behind the dam so we’ll have to find another trail for her.

6. Harding Wilkins - February 15, 2017 @ 20:43

Lovely pic. All the best family’s have (at least) one mutt.
    Nomad said I am hers.

• Petrea - February 15, 2017 @ 21:03

Nomad is one smart pooch.

7. Shelley - February 18, 2017 @ 23:19

Love your Valentine’s family piccie, Petrea ! I’m so happy you get to take Wilma to Boz’s favourite spot … for a time, at least. I won’t get started on developers and politicians … I’ll stay in this moment looking at your smiling faces and be in my happy place. 🙂

• Petrea - February 19, 2017 @ 09:02

The “Big Dig” is delayed, but eventually there will be work of some sort in the area, even if my side “wins.” We’ll have to find another spot, but when the work is done I hope the dam will be safe and the environment will be spared.