Wilma Wednesday: Dog Tools

Wilma and her bones

With apologies to Gary Larson.

Wilma and I have a new article on Hometown Pasadena.

#Gary Larson#home#Wilma#Wilma Wednesday#WilmaDialogs

Comments

1. chris - February 8, 2017 @ 04:30

Enjoyed the article!… ‘reactive’ dog characteristics sound like a certain red tie wearing orange head? Maybe Wilma wasn’t socialized when she was younger… We have a few dogs where I live that do the same thing…See, W. has something in common.. But its good to know she’s got a mom and dad showing her how to be…
    BTW love that dog bone cushion she’s on … thought her tools would be her front paws and mouth… 🙂

• Petrea - February 8, 2017 @ 07:24

She’s full of love and fun, nothing like the orange head. I do think she wasn’t socialized. She likes learning, though, and I have hopes!

2. Lowell - February 8, 2017 @ 06:16

Love your story. Wilma was lucky to find you and vice versa, I think. That coyote was a bit scary, though. We’ve got a lot of coyotes around here, but they don’t seem to bother humans; they prefer little animals.

• Petrea - February 8, 2017 @ 07:25

We see coyotes all the time. They really are almost as common as squirrels around here. I guess they’re not good at catching squirrels because we still have a lot of squirrels!

3. William Kendall - February 8, 2017 @ 13:56

She’s certainly a pleasure to have around! I loved the story!

• Petrea - February 8, 2017 @ 14:21

Thank you, William. She becomes more pleasant to be with each day.

4. Shelley - February 8, 2017 @ 17:02

Love your Wilma stories, Petrea. Heh, I talk to Ella – and myself – all the time at home. Luckily I contain the self-talk when I’m out and about but one day, I might need to keep one earbud in when amongst others just in case I forget to contain myself. I love that Wilma prefers to talk of simple pleasures in the present moment. There’s great wisdom in that.

• Petrea - February 8, 2017 @ 19:13

Wilma helps keep me grounded. I’m grateful to her for that and many other things.

5. nancy scott - February 8, 2017 @ 19:00

Loved Wilma being bad-aas at the coyotes! Can I link it on next door? Seems like just what the doctor ordered In these coyote-stressedcoyote-stressed times 😉

• Petrea - February 8, 2017 @ 19:31

I’d love that, Nancy, thank you. Which Nextdoor are you on? I’ll watch for it.

6. nancy scott - February 8, 2017 @ 19:01

Oops sorry for the bad auto-corrects

7. nancy scott - February 9, 2017 @ 08:07

Historical Highlands, but I get yours too…

• Petrea - February 9, 2017 @ 09:09

That’s wonderful, thank you!