Wilma Wednesday: Snores

Boz

This is Boz. He was Wilma’s opposite.

Wilma is fierce; Boz was gentle. Wilma barks at the mailman; Boz kept his opinions to himself no matter who walked by. Wilma throws herself at the fence (damaging both fence and self) just to chase a squirrel; Boz didn’t even notice squirrels, though he was a little scared of cats.

The day we brought Boz home from the shelter, we made him a bed in our room. Soon he fell asleep, exhausted from the day’s stress and emotion. John and I were tired, too, but Boz’s snores were so deafening we couldn’t sleep. Finally John moved Boz—bed and all—to my office. That’s how Boz got his own room.

When we moved to our current home we created a place for Boz in our bedroom, but he wasn’t comfortable. Maybe we could have taught him to share a room with us, but we relented and gave him his own room again. In this case it was the dining room, which was closer to the bedroom than my office. We could hear his snoring better from there, and by then we were used to his sounds.

I’ll always wish we’d done that differently.

When Wilma moved in, we put her bed in our room right away. She snores and makes all kinds of noises. We love her noises. I’d have trouble sleeping without them.

#Boz#Wilma#Wilma Wednesday

Comments

1. Lauren Kennedy - January 25, 2017 @ 03:18

What a lovely little family you have, Petrea. You’ve reminded me of things I miss about the 3 dogs we had (all at once). Sweet picture of Wilma :).

• Petrea - January 25, 2017 @ 07:02

It does feel like a family! Thank you. (The photo is of Boz. I’m going to make an adjustment to the copy to make that more clear.)

2. chris - January 25, 2017 @ 04:23

Isn’t amazing how each pet we have is unique?.. Two different descriptions.. I know what u mean.. I’ve had 4 different fur babies and they were unique and filled different needs for me and I am sure for them as well..
    Does W. sleep w/an eye open? If so she and I have that in common.. Hubby took a pic of me like that right after I had my first baby…

• Petrea - January 25, 2017 @ 07:03

She does, sometimes. Her eyes roll back and her lids don’t close all the way, and she’s snoring.

3. Lowell - January 25, 2017 @ 09:24

A delightful post. What would we do without our pets/friends. My little kitty, Cleo, snores too; not loudly but in a delightful way that calms my soul!

• Petrea - January 25, 2017 @ 13:32

Oh, Cleo! She sounds sweet. A kitty who snores, that’s darling.

4. William Kendall - January 25, 2017 @ 13:32

A dog sleeping… is oddly a beautiful thing!

• Petrea - January 25, 2017 @ 13:33

Such peace. They are innocent.

5. TheChieftess - January 25, 2017 @ 15:28

Kelly snores, barks, and runs in her sleep!!! Which is ok, except for when Papa has let her on the bed and she’s asleep before me!!!

And BTW…we have a kitty named Cleo too…and she snores!!!

• Petrea - January 25, 2017 @ 16:16

Two snoring Cleos here! There’s something especially wonderful about a cat who snores.

6. Bonnie Schroeder - January 26, 2017 @ 17:27

Thunder doesn’t snore, but she groans and sometimes whimpers like monsters are chasing her. She’s been with me since she was 8 weeks old, so I have no idea what would frighten her. Oh, and she sleeps ON the bed, preferably with her head on the pillow. Wilma is a lucky girl, and Boz was lucky as well.

• Petrea - January 26, 2017 @ 18:02

Maybe Thunder isn’t afraid. Maybe she’s chasing the monsters and winning! She’s a lucky girl, too.

7. nathalie in avignon - February 2, 2017 @ 05:01

Love that photo of Wilma. Love the story about her snores too. I love the way Wilma has found her own place in your hearts and life.

My partner often snores but I’m lucky to have a very deep sleep and it very rarely disturbs me.

• Petrea - February 2, 2017 @ 09:25

Some snores bother me and some do, so thank goodness for ear plugs!