Vlogbrothers Explain it All

I like the Vlogbrothers, partly because they’re funny and mostly because they agree with me about grammar.

After watching this video, I spent a little time on Google and learned more about the Vlogbrothers. I had heard of them, but hadn’t paid much attention until I realized they care about grammar and punctuation like I do. John Green (the man in this video) is the incredibly successful author of The Fault in Our Stars. (Have you read it? It’s good. That might be why it won awards and was made into a movie.) John and his brother Hank have a lot of ideas, and they don’t seem to second-guess themselves. They just try stuff, and a lot of it works.

This is important for me to remember. Try it. If it doesn’t work, try something else. And mind your sentence structure.

#Hank Green#John Green#Snooki#Vlogbrothers

Comments

1. Lowell - January 13, 2017 @ 04:34

Okay. While I have not read the book, I will mind my grammar and sentence structure. It is a bit frustrating today when I’m reading material by people who should know what they are doing but obviously do not or do not care.

My problem is a bit larger however. Technology is changing so fast that I can’t keep up and I can’t even find instructions on how to keep up and people make all kinds of assumptions as to what normal folks should know, and I just keep looking around saying, “Huh?” 🙂

• Petrea - January 13, 2017 @ 08:23

I know what you mean. I like learning new things, but there are A LOT of new things. I keep reminding myself that I don’t have to do everything new that comes along.

2. chris - January 13, 2017 @ 04:37

I totally understood him.. he makes sense… its all about where one is at… I didn;’t read Fault in Our Stars, but I’ve read his other books and loved them… I did see Fault and liked how he brought out the emotions and developed characters.. I just hope his story wasn’t too rearranged via screenplay..

• Petrea - January 13, 2017 @ 08:24

I haven’t seen the movie so I don’t know, but the book is the only YA I can remember liking.

3. William Kendall - January 13, 2017 @ 08:59

I hadn’t heard of the Vlogbrothers, though I have heard of the book and movie.

• Petrea - January 13, 2017 @ 18:16

I think they’re an interesting pair. I like it when people come up with something new and make a success out of it without asking permission of the powers that be. They just do it and it’s great.

4. Shelley - January 13, 2017 @ 17:41

I loved the movie, Petrea, but haven’t read the book. Heh, thank you for the introduction to the Vlogbrothers. I’ve not heard of them before but this clip rather tickled me. I do appreciate well-functioning grammar and punctuation! {I’m still guilty of using exclamation marks with abandon!}

• Petrea - January 13, 2017 @ 18:16

I’m trying to wean myself off of exclamation points, though now I always want to use ellipses…

5. sara wright - January 15, 2017 @ 00:39

John Green and his wife lived in Indy until recently. She was a curator of contemporary art at the Indianapolis Museum of Art until resigning in 2013. She then produced a series for PBS Digital called Art Assignment.

• Petrea - January 15, 2017 @ 08:45

Fancy neighbors! They are prolific.

6. Lowell - January 15, 2017 @ 04:33

Good morning, Petrea! I thought I ought to respond to your comment on Ocala regarding whether or not “lost” was the right word. It depends. Perhaps you were thinking the hat was misplaced or had been left there intentionally. In that case it wouldn’t be lost.

However, you must understand that at my advanced age, “lost” takes on a new and pathetic meaning. I lose things all the time. Around the house, I lose my watch, my keys, the book I was just reading, etc. So, for me, “lost” is a most appropriate word. In fact, I’m going to take a closer look at that hat. It seems to me I set one down on our last visit to The Villages. I’m not sure, but I think I lost the damn thing!

Heh, heh.

• Petrea - January 15, 2017 @ 09:18

Ha! In any case, if you decide to wear it I suggest you wash it first!