Wilma Wednesday: Bright Spot

Wilma, Santa hat

I’m trying to be positive in a world that feels negative. Counting my blessings helps: my husband, my home, my friends and neighbors. I wish everyone had the good things I have.

Wilma is one of my brightest spots, and a great teacher. When passion springs up she allows it to consume her for the moment, but then she moves on. If only I could let go of things the way she does.

Recently she pulled a muscle, thanks to her passion for protecting us from possums. She’s been limping. The doctor said to limit her activity, so she’s staying inside a lot.

“BORING!” she says.

“Please use your inside voice, Wilma.”

“Let’s DO something.” She’s trying to be patient, but it’s hard to wait.

“Remember the squeaky,” I say.

Wilma asked Santa for a squeaky toy for Christmas and she’s trying her very best to be nice instead of naughty. It’s not easy for a passionate dog like Wilma.

#Christmas#holidays#home#Wilma#Wilma Wednesday#WilmaDialogs

Comments

1. chris - December 21, 2016 @ 04:09

By her expression, she has a wide range of emotions: bored ( #1), depressed, cuz she didn’t realize that pulling a muscle would do u her in), possible humiliation ( the good try on your part to try and get that Santa hat on her), what we do to our kids and pets for that perfect photo op…
    Hope she is better by Sunday, so she can tear open that gift from Santa!..

• Petrea - December 21, 2016 @ 07:43

Mostly bored, I think. She gets depressed like a dog does: it lasts a minute, then she’s happy again.
      I don’t think she cares about the Santa hat.

2. Lowell - December 21, 2016 @ 07:42

Wilma does look resigned to her fate. But Santa will be here soon and she’ll have her squeaky toy and all will be well in her world. I wish it were so easy in our world!

• Petrea - December 21, 2016 @ 07:44

I wish it were so, too, Lowell. I’m trying to learn from Wilma not to carry it all on my shoulders.

3. Scott Rubel - December 21, 2016 @ 09:31

With that merkin she looks like she is resting up between hearings in the Supreme Court. WOTUS?

• Petrea - December 21, 2016 @ 12:19

!!!

4. Leslie - December 21, 2016 @ 14:55

That Wilma, she’s got it goin’ on! Girl knows how to convalesce! Lounging in the sunny spot, a nice perch for the chin… if a gal has to be down for the count it’s best to do it with style, and a hat is always a nice touch. Bravo, Wilma!

• Petrea - December 21, 2016 @ 17:39

Leslie, you are so right! Wilma agrees with you and so do I.

5. William Kendall - December 21, 2016 @ 17:19

Wilma needs to write a letter to Santa: “Dear Santa, I can explain….”

Such a sweetie!

• Petrea - December 21, 2016 @ 17:38

Great idea. I’ll take dictation for her!

6. Shell Sherree - December 25, 2016 @ 23:37

Gorgeous Wilma !! Passion and patience are not always happy bedfellows …

• Petrea - December 26, 2016 @ 09:45

Shell, that’s a maxim. I should make a sign of it and put it on my wall.