My List

pipes, auto repair, chaos

I have several things to do if I’m going to accomplish everything on my list.

First item: take a realism pill and cross off the things I’m not going to do.

Second item: stop committing to things I don’t have time for, or don’t want to do but feel obligated to do. (Do you do this?) Doo dee doo dee doo…

Third: prioritize. Must I shred my 2009 taxes now? Can that wait while I, say, make a living? Is it more important to finish my front yard gardening project, out where everyone can see the sign that says “hole”?

I wonder if I can fit in some exercise. Or should I just resign myself to a shorter life span?

#auto repair#list#pipes

Comments

1. William Kendall - May 27, 2016 @ 12:15

My list of things to do is becoming far too long.

• Petrea - May 27, 2016 @ 14:42

Mine too, William. It’s fat. I’m trying to cut out some of the calories, if you will.

2. chris - May 27, 2016 @ 12:31

Definitely take that realism pill, then you won’t have to even think about the second and third item…. 🙂
    Live in the moment, you have no control over what will happen later on in the day, or tomorrow or next week… What will be, will be. Que sera, sera…
    sheesh,I sound like my mother….

• Petrea - May 27, 2016 @ 14:43

Well, I still have to work. I might as well enjoy it, though!

3. Jacob/Lowell - May 29, 2016 @ 02:45

First of all, thank you for your very kind comment on Ocala. Coming from you, that meant a lot!

Secondly, long after I retired, as I’ve grown older, I’ve come to realize that so many of the things that I thought “really” important were not important at all. God, the time I wasted in meetings!

Have you read “The Power of Now” by Eckhart Tolle. I don’t agree with everything he writes but he’s very helpful in sorting out life’s obligations – he says what matters is the “Now.” The past is gone; as if it never existed and we are not the same persons we were then anyway. The future is non-existent and we have little control over that. All we have is Now.

You’ve probably read it but if not, I did find it helpful and refer back to it whenever things start to get a little crazy! 🙂

Have a great day!

• Petrea - May 29, 2016 @ 10:04

I haven’t read it, but that’s exactly what I’m talking about. I know we live in a world where I have to earn a living, though I’ve been fortunate to do work I enjoy. It’s when I start committing to unnecessary things that I don’t enjoy that I might need Tolle for reference!

4. magiceye - May 29, 2016 @ 19:23

Do what it takes!

• Petrea - May 29, 2016 @ 20:19

Yes! Sometimes that means saying No.

5. Jacob/Lowell - May 31, 2016 @ 08:17

Hi again! Re exercise – my good friend, now 89 1/2 claims that exercise will kill you and he’s made it a mantra to avoid all forms of exercise in his life. He’s got good genes, methinks! 🙂

• Petrea - May 31, 2016 @ 09:20

I’ve tried that. Alas, I must go the other route!